SURFING TRAINING PROGRAM
Mastering the skill of surfing is a long process that takes, as a rule, more than one year and, like any other, it has clear stages, the correct observance of which is the key to safety, rapid progress and achievement of goals. You won’t run a marathon on your first morning run, right? Despite the widespread and absolutely erroneous opinion that surfing in Goa can be interesting only to beginners, here, depending on the season, there are very, very decent waves that will give pleasure from riding even to professionals, and numerous beach breaks and almost empty line-ups create ideal conditions for learning surfing in Goa at the beginning level. Our school offers various group and individual training programs, as well as everything that can accelerate your progress in conquering the wave.
For those who are still in doubt. You will learn a lot of new things, get your dose of adrenaline and most likely understand whether surfing will become your new hobby, and possibly the passion of your whole life. You will be told the rules of behavior in the water and handling the board, then the instructor will demonstrate by his own example how to technically get up from the prone position into the correct stance and correct your movements, and a little training on the school grounds will help you repeat all this more confidently in the water. The first lesson always takes place near the shore, at a depth of about waist-deep, as we learn to get up on the “foam” (already broken wave). Together with the instructor, you will go into the sea, stand on the board and ride on your first wave.
Basic course (3 classes of 1.5 hours each)
Lessons at our school last an hour and a half, since surfing is a sport associated with fairly high physical exertion and it may be difficult for an unprepared person to withstand a longer lesson. The theoretical part (20-30 minutes) consists of safety precautions and rules of behavior on the board, work on mistakes, warm-ups, as well as practical exercises that will help you get up on the board more confidently. If you are in good physical shape and full of energy, then after the end of the lesson you can practice surfing yourself by renting a board. Please note that independent skating is possible only with waves corresponding to your level of training and with the permission of the instructor.
Basic course program:
– theoretical part (surf warm-up, safety when falling into the water)
– practical part – training on the water
– learning to get up on the board and ride on foam
– theoretical part (“green waves” and “foam”, overcoming the surf)
– practical part – learning the technique of rowing on a surfboard
– learning to row and catch foam on our own
– theoretical part (formation of waves and currents, safety in the open sea)
– practical part – we learn to overcome the surf zone and turn around, row on a wave
– we catch the first “green waves”
The program does not have to be completed in three days, you can take breaks between classes to give the body time to recover. After completing the basic course of surfing training, depending on your success, you can take some time to practice independently and consolidate the acquired skills, or continue your training.
Main course (5 classes of 1.5 hours each)
The training program consists of a basic course and two very important classes in which you will learn how to catch a wave yourself:
– theoretical part (determining the direction of the wave, the peak and the starting point, the priority of the surfer on the wave and the rules of behavior on the line-up)
– we are learning to catch “green waves” and drive straight off the wave, determine the starting point
– theoretical part (control of the board, speed set and braking, control of your position on the line-up, turn on the wave)
– learn to catch waves, turn and ride along the crest of the wave, safely leave the wave
We recommend distributing these classes for 8-10 days, since the progress in learning to surf directly depends on your physical abilities and weather conditions. On the school grounds, you will have balance board and slackline simulators at your disposal to help improve your sense of balance, which is one of the most important for mastering surfing.
It’s no secret that the most effective form of training is individual lessons, and if something doesn’t work out for you, you can always take a one-on-one lesson, where all the attention of the instructor will be directed only at you, we recommend booking such lessons in advance. We would like to note that photos of classes make it very easy to identify technical errors and purposefully work on their elimination. Here you can order a video recording of surf sessions with subsequent analysis, and if you are already riding great and you just need good photos of your surfing in Goa, we provide professional surf photography services, including from the water.